The subjects comprise two B listed gas holders on an irregular shaped site which extends to approximately 2 acres or thereby. The site slopes gradually from north to south bounded by a mix of secure palisade and chain linked posted fence and stone and brick walls The site benefits from its own dedicated access from directly off Grange Road.
Gas Holder Number 2 (northmost) was built in 1893.
Gas Holder Number 3 (southmost) was built in 1922.
Both tanks have been fully decommissioned and are no longer operational. ( Agency Pilot Software ref: 50551 )