Warehouse Sale and Leaseback
Unique opportunity to acquire an exceptional Leicestershire based distribution facility on a short-term Sale and Leaseback.
Three high-quality warehouse units with substantial yard space and additional developable land. Positioned close to the Logistics Golden Triangle, MDC enjoys access to over 67% of the UK population within 4 hours drive making it optimal for nationwide supply chain distribution.
The present Owner-Occupier are a 3PL (Third-Party Logistics) business of 60 years who operate the entire facility as a dedicated distribution centre on behalf of a large multinational client. The whole site will cease to function in its current capacity and is set to shut down in a phased approach from December 2022 to December 2023.
The 72 acre site of MDC also benefits from having numerous parcels of vacant land which can be developed subject to planning consent. The site is advantageously positioned directly adjacent to the Primary Substation for the town as controlled by Western Power Distribution (Asset No: 22G0129 and 22P0129).
Unit 1 - 131,282 sq ft:
* 8m eaves height
* 13 level access doors
* 2 dock level doors and 1 ramp
* 500kVA power
* 2,973 pallet racking spaces
* Fully sprinklered with shared tank and pump house with Unit 2
* Quarantine unit
* Situated opposite VMU (Vehicle Maintenance Unit) of 8,572 sq ft with substantial engineering workshop with an inspection pit and vehicle lift. Dedicated bays for washing painting and tyres
* Storage Capacity: LPG Gas 25 tonnes, White Diesel 180,000 litres, Red Diesel 54,000 litres
Unit 2 - 308,795 sq ft:
* 8m eaves height
* 19 level access doors
* 2 dock level door ramps
* 500kVA power
* 20,488 pallet racking spaces
* Fully sprinklered with shared tank and pump house with Unit 1
* Interconnected to Unit 3 via 80m long bi-directional automated link bridge and palletised goods conveyor system
* Warehouse footprint not currently fully racked and has space for approximately 10,000 additional pallet racking positions
Unit 3 - 225,450 sq ft:
* 18m eaves height
* 5 level access doors
* 5 dock level doors
* Floor loading 50 kN/m
* 1,250kVA power
* 30,992 pallet racking spaces
* Fully sprinklered with dedicated tank and pump house
* Automated warehouse with APRS (Automatic Putaway and Retrieval System)
* Temperature controlled storage
* First floor of 28,000 sq ft
* Two offices spaces comprising of 2,356 sq ft and 6,855 sq ft
* Interconnected to Unit 2 via automated link bridge and palletised goods conveyor system
MDC is centrally located within the UK industrial market and close to the Logistics Golden Triangle, offering immediate access to the Midlands as well as Nationally.
Melton Mowbray is an established market town in Leicestershire. It has a rapidly growing area with 2845 new homes planned over the next 10 years (2021-2031). Source: Melton Borough Council.
A new £68.2m North and East Distributor Road is due to commence construction around the town in 2023 will further serve to enhance the local transport links with the planned route set to border the MDC. Source: Leicestershire County Council.
( Agency Pilot Software Ref: 4506 )