The Property comprises two separate lots.
Lot 1, Mount St Mary’s Convent is a detached, Grade II Listed stuccoed villa, which provides approximately 9,343 sq ft (868 sq m) gross internal area.
The Property was constructed in circa 1840 as a residence and was altered in the late 19th Century and again in the late 20th Century. We understand that it has been used as a Convent since the mid 1980s. In 1996 planning permission was granted for the construction of a single storey extension (known as The Centre).
The Convent provides accommodation over three storeys, with three internal staircases. On the lower ground floor there is a plant room and various store rooms. On the ground floor of the original part of the Property, there are two reception rooms with large bay windows fronting onto the garden, a kitchen, utility room, a WC and a further two rooms currently used for office space. The Victorian extension includes five small rooms, currently used as bedrooms, four WCs, a shower room and a meeting room. On the first floor there is a chapel with stained glass windows overlooking the grounds fronting Wonford Road, ten bedrooms, three WCs and two bathrooms.
The Convent sits within generous landscaped] grounds and the gross site area for Lot 1 is approximately 0.92 acres (0.37 hectares).
Lot 2 is land adjacent to 25 Lyndhurst Road. The extent of Lot 2 is shown edged blue on the site plan and comprises a small parcel of land which abuts the northern boundary of Lot 1. This land extends to approximately 636 sq ft (59 sq m).