FORMER HOSTEL & OFFICES WITH DEVELOPMENT POTENTIAL
The subjects comprise a two storey and attic former mill building of stone wall construction under a pitched and slated roof with dormer windows to the front. We understand the premises were originally built in 1830, but later converted to offices in circa 1913. As such, it includes a number of ornate features both internally and externally including three arched entrances from King Street and stone parapets. The building is currently Category B Listed, as being of special architectural and historical merit. Internally, the premises have been refurbished in recent years to provide modern office accommodation at ground floor level, and secure residential / hostel accommodation and first and attic floor level.
The premises are situated to the south side of King Street, a short distance east from its junction with East Marketgait, approximately half a mile north-east of Dundee city centre. The subjects are in close proximity to the Dundee Waterfront area which is currently undergoing a multi-million pound redevelopment comprising commercial and residential use to reconnect the city with the River Tay to the south. The Victoria & Albert Museum will form the central attraction of the Waterfront area.
The heritable interest in the subject premises is available to purchase.
Westport Property will be pleased to arrange and accompany all viewing requests.
All prices, premiums and rents are quoted exclusive of VAT which may be payable.
We have measured the premises in accordance with the RICS Code of Measuring Practice to be as follows:- 2,006 sq m (21,600 sq ft)
Dundee (0.6 miles)
Broughty Ferry (3.7 miles)
Invergowrie (3.7 miles)