The site is located within the attractive north Hertfordshire village of Barkway, which lies approximately four miles south east of Royston, c. 17 miles to the north east of Hitchin and c. 17 miles south west of Cambridge. The site benefits from good transport links with existing vehicular access to the south, via Windmill Close. The A505 is a short 10 minute journey to the north and connects to Junction 9 of the A1 (M) motorway at Letchworth and Junction 10 of the M11 motorway at Duxford, which provides accessibility south to the M25 and London, and north into Cambridgeshire and East Anglia. Furthermore, nearby Royston Railway Station offers frequent direct rail services to Cambridge (c. 15 minutes) and London St Pancras International (c. 50 minutes). The surrounding area predominantly comprises residential accommodation at the eastern and southern boundaries and agricultural land abutting the western and northern boundaries. The site comprises two adjoining areas of green field land that are separated by wooden fence posts with the total area extending to approximately 2.35 acres (0.95 ha). The northern part of the site (c. 1.68 acres / 0.68ha) forms draft Site Allocation BK2, which is identified for the delivery of 20 new homes. The green field land to the south (c. 0.67 acres / 0.27 ha) is directly accessed via Windmill close and is not allocated, but within the existing settlement boundary.
- Residential development opportunity, subject to gaining the necessary consent;
- Part of site allocated for 20 residential units within emerging Local Plan;
- Total site area approximately 2.34 acres (0.95 ha);
- Freehold interest for sale via informal tender;
- Unconditional and Conditional offers invited;
- Bid deadline 12 noon, Thursday 27th February 2020.