Residential development site with full planning for 151 homes.
• 14 near-completed units. Others “under way”.
• Pleasant canal side village location
• 10.35 acres (4.2 hectares)
• No Affordable Housing requirement or monetary Section 106 payments
• Convenient access to M18 / M180 / A1(M) and Doncaster
The site is located in the centre of the village of Stainforth, with access from Briars Lane and New Inn Lane.
Stainsforth village has a good variety of local shops and amenities, including an Asda supermarket and the Long Toft Primary School (Ofsted rated 'Good').
The location offers excellent access to the main road network - the junction of the M18 and M180 is a short distance, in turn leading to the A1 (M) at nearby Doncaster.
The Hatfield and Stainforth train station provides a regular service into Doncaster (approx. 15 minutes journey).
The site is generally flat and regular shaped, and extends to approximately 10.35 acres (4.2 hectares).
There is access from Briars Lane and New Inn Lane and much of the site benefits from picturesque canal frontage.
An initial phase of development has been commenced. In this respect there are 14 substantially completed 2, 3 and 4 bed homes which can be included within the sale or offered as a separate lot. A number of other units are in varying stages of build. Further details on application.
Full planning has been obtained for the construction of 151 dwellings, being a saleable mix of 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroomed homes, arranged as detached, semi-detached and terraced houses with a limited number of apartments.
Full details, plans, surveys, D&A statement and other documents can be viewed via the Doncaster Council Planning website, Ref: 13/00897/FULM and 15/02388/FULM.
The vendors have submitted a Pre- Application enquiry to the Local Authority in order to establish the likelihood of an amendment to the existing consent. This would substitute all apartments and FOG’s on site with houses. We believe there is potential to obtain 43 substitute plots for houses as a result – potentially 18,000 sq ft of extra built area across 2, 3 and 4 bed houses (total unit numbers would reduce by three as result of apartments being substituted). Further details on application.
Freehold, with vacant possession.
Method of Disposal:
A full package of documents, surveys and reports can be viewed on the Doncaster planning website, appended to the planning application (details above).
In addition, the site investigation ground report is available upon request.
With the benefit of the full planning consent and documents available, we are instructed to invite unconditional offers on the following basis:-
1. The entire site as a whole, to include all part-finished dwellings.
2. The majority of the site excluding the 14 part-finished dwellings and 5 vacant plots (“Phase 1”).
3. The entire site as a whole to include the 14 dwellings, with an agreement that the vendor will complete construction of the 14 dwellings with transfer at practical completion to include a full warranty package.
We would be delighted to discuss the above options in more detail with interested parties.
Please note – In respect of options 2 and 3 above, the following infrastructure works will be undertaken by the vendors:-
• Electricity substation to support the entire site
• Connection of site for gas, broadband and water to mains
• Drainage (to the 14 units and 5 plots comprising “Phase 1”)
• Roads completed to adoptable standard (in respect of accessing “Phase1”)
Vat is not applicable.
The site is secured with an on-site security presence – accordingly viewings must be arranged via the agents in advance.