FORMER FOOD PRODUCTION/WAREHOUSE FACILITY/DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY
The property is located on Littlemill Road, Drongan, at its junction with Mill of Shield Road.
Drongan has a population of approximately 3,200 (Census 2011) and is located between Ayr and Patna on the B730, accessed from the A70 between Ayr and Cumnock.
The village is situated just south of the A70, within the East Ayrshire local authority area. The town lies 7.5 miles to the east of Ayr and 17 miles south of Kilmarnock. Bus services connect to both towns which have regular rail services to Glasgow and the rest of Ayrshire. Glasgow Prestwick International Airport is situated 13 miles to the north west.
The property comprises a former meat processing facility, comprising; main production/office building, detached cold store and additional detached office block, security gatehouse together with associated yard and car park. With the exception of the car park, the whole site is secured by perimeter fencing.
- Main Building
- Steel portal frame construction
- Brickwork dado and metal clad elevations
- Profile metal clad roof
- Chilled production/storage areas, cold store, ambient stores together with offices/ staff welfare facilities (comprising; reception, offices, stores, lab, WCs, locker rooms, first aid room and canteen).
- Heating and lighting to offices
- Fluorescent lighting to production / storage areas
- UPVC panelling to internal production / storage elevations
- Resin coated concrete floor with drainage channels
- 3 Dock levellers on eastern elevation and 2 raised loading doors on southern gable.
Detached Cold Store
- Modern detached building
- Profile metal clad walls and roof
- Fitted out as cold store
- Subdivided into 2 areas, each with its own ground level up & over loading door
- Concrete floor
- Detached single storey office block
- Brick construction with painted roughcast render walls
- Profile metal clad roof
- Comprising; open plan office, WC and tea prep.
- Tarmac covered secure yard
- Hardstanding surfaced car park
- Security gatehouse
We estimate that the total site area extends to approximately 2.74 acres (1.11 hectares).
Offers in the region of £520,000 are sought for our clients Heritable (Scottish equivalent of English Freehold) interest in the property.
Each party will be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in this transaction. In the normal manner the purchaser will be responsible for payment of Land and Buildings Transaction Tax and any registration dues.
We are advised that VAT will not be payable on the purchase price.