This is an outstanding and rare opportunity to bring the Walworth Town Hall complex back into active use. The important details are as follows:
- The Walworth Town Hall (WTH) complex is constructed around the St Mary Newington Vestry Hall which dates from 1865. It consists of the Vestry Hall (1865), The Newington Library (1892), the Town Hall extension (1902), The Cuming Museum (1902-1906) and The Members Room (1947). A red line aerial plan is provided below (please note this image was taken before the 2013 fire);
- The property is Grade II Listed; - Located in the Elephant and Castle regeneration area, which is currently undergoing a £3bn investment in new homes, better transport and public realm, improved shopping and leisure and new schools and community centres. A new town square is currently under construction adjacent to the complex.
- A five minute walk to Elephant and Castle Station, providing access to the Northern and Bakerloo Lines (Bank: 5 minutes, Piccadilly Circus: 9 minutes) and National Rail services.
- The existing buildings provide total accommodation extending to 4,772 sq m (51,365 sq ft) Gross Internal Area. These areas have not been verified by Southwark Council or Montagu Evans;
- The Council is seeking a scheme that will incorporate an Arts and Culture use with public access. Complementary commercial uses will be considered to support viability. The Council intends to grant a 250 year long lease.
- Expressions of Interest deadline 12 noon 12th March 2018;