FOR SALE – Former Valvoline Unit
The property is located in the Seacombe area of Birkenhead on Dock Road (A5139) which connects Birkenhead town centre to junction 1 of the M53 motorway. The property is prominently positioned fronting Barton Dock Road. Wirral Waters Development and the East Float Dock runs parallel to Dock Road.
Liverpool International Business Park is the North West's best connected site.
• The Port of Liverpool is only 12 miles north and is the UK’s most successful Freezone.
• Liverpool is Britain's Greenest Port and allows significant supply chain savings - cost, carbon and time.
• The port handles approximately 700,000 TEUs a year and dominates Britain’s container trade with North America.
• A Post Panamax container terminal will increase maximum vessel size from 3,500 TEU to 15,000 TEU. Due to be operational in 2014.
• The location is exceptional, providing easy access to the National Motorway Network via the M62.
• Liverpool’s location allows 14 million households to be reached in a 4.5 hour HGV drive time.
• The Mersey Gateway Project is a major scheme to build a new six lane toll bridge over the Mersey to increase traffic flow.
• Excellent public transport infrastructure. Over 600 buses a day pass close to the site from Liverpool City Centre which is 6 miles away.
• Rail freight terminal at Mersey Multimodal Gateway in Widnes (approximately 6 miles away) with direct access to main West Coast Line.
• Garston Docks in South Liverpool is a short sea port utilised for the import and export of bulk, steel and aggregate (1.6 miles away).
• Rail uses considerably less fuel per tonne than road haulage and produces 80% less carbon dioxide per tonne carried compared to road haulage.
• Each freight train removes between 43 and 77 HGVs from the road. Novartis UK B&M Retail A561 Holiday Inn Express Hotel Speke Hall Ave.
• Liverpool John Lennon Airport is the UK’s 10th largest airport and handles over 5 million passengers each year.
• Over 70 direct destinations are on offer from Liverpool and there is a service to Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam, offering global links to over 650 worldwide destinations.
• Liverpool John Lennon Airport also accommodates freight operations and is capable of handling all sizes of aircraft.
Plot 1 5.5 hectares 13.7 acres Up to 250,000 sq ft Plot 2 1.53 hectares 3.8 acres Up to 70,000 sq ft Plot 3 1 hectare 2.5 acres Up to 50,000 sq ft
Terms: Leasehold and freehold design and build solutions available and plot sales.
Hawarden Business Park offers new build industrial/warehouse units on a Design & Build basis in an Enterprise Zone.
Just 6 miles west of Chester city centre and within 2 miles of A55, Hawarden Business Park enables companies to locate in an established business area whilst enjoying the outstanding benefits of North Wales' appealing lifestyle. Hawarden village with its range of eateries and local facilities and Broughton Retail Park's range of national retailers such as Tesco, BHS,Boots, Next and Costa are both within 5 minutes drive. The adjacent Airport has attracted significant investment by Airbus and is one of the most important employment sites in North Wales.Other major companies who have been attracted to the area include Toyota, Raytheon, BAE Systems, and Alcontrol whilst a diverse range of businesses including call centres, mainstream manufacturing, bio-pharma,food processing and logistics are all trading nearby.
Deeside Enterprise Zone is one of the most modern, high skills driven manufacturing areas in the UK and the Welsh Government’s ambition is to make Deeside a leading centre for advanced manufacturing and technology. In addition to the business support offered by the Welsh Government, companies located within the zone have access to a range of further support and financial incentives, including a discretional business rates scheme.