Well Let Industrial Investment Opportunity
Stoke-on-Trent is strategically located in the heart of the UK, 44 miles south of Manchester, 45 miles north of Birmingham and 35 miles west of Derby. With a population in excess of 250,000 Stoke is both a regional hub and the principal city within the North Midlands. The region is home to a number of multinational companies including JCB, Bet 365, Amazon, Jaguar Land Rover, Michelin and Alstom Grid. The strength of the region’s industrial sector is exemplified by JCB’s decision to create a further 2,500 jobs in Staffordshire, whilst Jaguar Land Rover have recently gained planning consent for a new £40m car storage depot. Stoke-on-Trent’s long history of industrial manufacturing continues to the present day, with 27% of the workforce employed in manufacturing and elementary occupations. This is considerably higher than the UK average of 17%. Businesses looking to relocate to the region are also attracted by the competitive wage costs which are 14% lower than the UK average.
The surrounding area comprises a mix of industrial and trade counter accommodation, where surrounding occupiers include: B&Q, Jewson and CAEM UK. The area is complimented by a strong retail offering via the adjacent Freeport Talke Retail Park where tenants include GAP, Nike, Holland & Barrett, Costa Coffee and Marks & Spencer.
• Unit 4 - Comprises a detached 2-bay industrial warehouse unit of steel portal frame construction, extending to 5,064 sq m (54,506 sq ft), with secure yard areas off the north and south elevations. The property benefits from 6.7m eaves, 5 dock loading doors, 3 roller-shutter access doors, a large loading canopy, tenant installed mezzanine, gas blower heating and strip lighting. The property benefits from two-storey office accommodation and male and female WC’s, The tenant, National Veterinary Services Limited, is also in occupation of Unit 3 (which lies adjacent to Unit 4 but does not form part of this sale). NVSL operate a shared yard and security cabin on the northern yard, between their two units.
• The properties benefit from excellent road communications having close proximity to the A34, A500 and M6 Motorway
• Jamage Industrial Estate is situated within a well established industrial area
• The investment comprises 2 industrial units extending to 109,320 sq ft overall
• Unit 2 extends to 54,814 sq ft on a site of 2.90 acres
• Unit 4 extends to 54,506 sq ft on a site of 2.86 acres
• Unit 2 is occupied by Service Metals (Midlands) Ltd, at a rent of £177,079 per annum (£3.23 per sq ft)
• Unit 4 is occupied by National Veterinary Services Ltd, at a rent of £226,446 per annum (£4.15 per sq ft)
• Extremely favourable Average Weighted Unexpired Lease Term of 9.00 years to expiry and break
• Both tenants provide excellent covenant strength – reflecting minimum risk of business failure
• Freehold / Virtual Freehold
Industrial / warehouse unit
The subject property is situated on Birrell Street in Fenton, a popular industrial location in close proximity to the A50/A500 dual carriageway intersection in Stoke-on-Trent. Junctions 15 and 16 of the M6 Motorway, serving Birmingham to the south and Manchester to the north, are approximately 3.5 miles and 10.5 miles distant respectively. Surrounding occupiers include Barkers Engineering, Scott Timber and Prince International Corporation.
The property comprises a modern, detached industrial/distribution building of steel portal frame construction beneath a multi-pitched, steel profile clad roof surface incorporating sky lights. Internally the building comprises a warehouse with integral office and staff welfare accommodation, briefly benefitting from the following specification: • Seven surface level roller shutter doors; • 6.95 meter eaves height (6.14 meters to the underside of the portal haunch); • Two-storey office and staff welfare facilities including a canteen; • Full site and building circulation; • Secure site area of approximately 5.108 acres; • Large surfaced car park.
Commercial Development Land. Prominent position. Adjacent to well established trading estate Suitable for development (STPP)
The site located on the eastern side of Dewsbury Road to the north of Fenton and South of the City Centre being 2 miles distant. The site is situated as one of the first areas approached when on Fenton Industrial Estate, the very well established business location. Dewsbury Road accesses into Victoria Road (A50) which links to the City Centre and A50 Dual Carriage. The A50 provides access to the A500 which in turn links to Junction 15 & 16 of the M6 motorway.
The property amounts to a plateaux of land fronting onto Dewsbury Road and sited adjacent to City Park Trading Estate. The land is considered suitable for development for a range of commercial uses subject to the appropriate consents, including:- • Industrial / warehouse / manufacturing • Trade counter • Office uses • Storage / distribution
We would recommend that further enquiries are directed to the Local Rating Authority (Stoke-on-Trent City Council) on 01782 238 274.
Interested parties are advised to make their enquiries of the Local Planning Authority (Stoke-on-Trent City Council).
All main services are believed to be connected to the property but have not been tested. Interested parties are advised to make their own investigations to satisfy themselves of the suitability.
Each party is responsible for its own legal and professional costs in connection with the transaction.
All prices and rent quoted exclusive of VAT which may be payable.
Outline planning consent for over 118,500 sq ft (11,000 sq m) of mixed use development
The site lies directly adjacent to Junction 14 of he M6 within the central corridor providing unrivalled access to national motorway network. Stafford town centre is 2..5 miles away.
Additional DetailsDirectly adjacent to Junction 14 M6 Suitable for a variety of uses including, leisure, industrial, office, healthcare, hotel and retail
Redhill Business Park is a new, high quality 14.96 hectares (37 acres) business park
Redhill Business Park is a new high quality 14.96 hectares (37 acres) business park with the potential to create 2,500 jobs offering accommodation to Advanced Manufacturing and Research & Development companies in a strategic location between Birmingham & Manchester, 2.5 miles north of Stafford Town Centre with a highly skilled & cost effective local workforce.
Plots are available up to 4.48 hectares (11.07 acres) to accommodate occupier requirements on eithr a land sale or design & build basis. Very attractive environment and place to work with wooded walk ways. Plots are available by negotiation
21 acres for distribution/industrial Build-to-Suit opportunities from 100,000 to 462,000 SF (9,290 - 42,921 sq m)
The site is adjacent to the A50 on the south eastern fringes of Stoke-on-Trent, providing links to Junction 15 of the M6 to the west and Junction 24 of the M1 to the east.
In an established commercial location, Stoke Distribution Centre extends to 21 acres suitable for B1, B2 and B8 uses. Detailed planning consent exists for a single 462,000 SF distribution unit with build-to-suit options available in a range of unit sizes.