FOR SALE – Former Valvoline Unit
The property is located in the Seacombe area of Birkenhead on Dock Road (A5139) which connects Birkenhead town centre to junction 1 of the M53 motorway. The property is prominently positioned fronting Barton Dock Road. Wirral Waters Development and the East Float Dock runs parallel to Dock Road.
High Yielding Mixed Use Investment Opportunity
The property is located in Speke, approximately 7 miles (11km) south east of Liverpool City Centre near the north bank of the River Mersey. The area is served by the A561 dual carriageway, which is the principal southern gateway into Liverpool, as well as providing access to Junction 6 of the M62 (via the A562 and A5300) and Junction 12 of the M56 (via the A533 and A557).
Multi-let warehouse investment with ancillary office and laboratory accommodation totaling 367,973 sq ft (34,185 sq m) Extensive and prominent frontage to Speke Boulevard, a major arterial route in and out of Liverpool and well established commercial location within Merseyside Speke is home to the largest cluster of biologic manufacturing in Europe Let to tenants including Shop Direct Home Shopping Limited, Acumen Distribution Limited and Nerudia Limited with a total passing rent of £916,548 per annum Five principal buildings on a site area of 17.32 acres (7.01 hectares) Future asset management angles to enhance value Potential redevelopment opportunities, subject to planning We are instructed to seek offers in excess of £8,300,000 (Eight million, Three Hundred thousand pounds) which reflects a net initial yield of 10.35% after standard purchaser’s costs of 6.67%, a triple net initial yield of 8.82%, a reversionary yield of 13.90% and a low capital value of £22.56 per sq ft.
Freehold retail/leisure investment opportunity
Three parcels of land extending to 24.59 acres
The site comprises three parcels of land extending in total to c. 9.96 ha (24.59 acres), of which 7.96 ha (19.65 acres) is potentially developable. The northern most parcel has been used as a secure storage compound / car parking, accessed from Sanwash Close and extends to c. 0.6 ha (1.44 acres). The main development parcel provides a cleared site ready for immediate development (subject to servicing etc) of c. 7.4 ha (18.24 acres). The final parcel extends to c. 2.06 ha (4.94 acres) and is presently allocated as Greenebelt.
The main site is zoned for employment uses in the St Helens Borough Council Unitary Development Plan. There have been two previous planning applications relating to the site: P/2012/0043 - full consent dated April 2012 for the erection of a B1/B2/B8 unit of 15,500 sq m (166,842 sq ft) with ancillary facilities and new access road. The applicant intended a further phase(s) of development. 1291/017 - extant (partly implemented) consent dated May 2012 for a 6,500 sq m (69,966 sq ft) industrial building plus ancillary facilities. The remainder of the site has various contemporaneous planning consent, now expired.
Freehold title numbers M130415 and MS311523
Liverpool International Business Park is the North West's best connected site.
• The Port of Liverpool is only 12 miles north and is the UK’s most successful Freezone.
• Liverpool is Britain's Greenest Port and allows significant supply chain savings - cost, carbon and time.
• The port handles approximately 700,000 TEUs a year and dominates Britain’s container trade with North America.
• A Post Panamax container terminal will increase maximum vessel size from 3,500 TEU to 15,000 TEU. Due to be operational in 2014.
• The location is exceptional, providing easy access to the National Motorway Network via the M62.
• Liverpool’s location allows 14 million households to be reached in a 4.5 hour HGV drive time.
• The Mersey Gateway Project is a major scheme to build a new six lane toll bridge over the Mersey to increase traffic flow.
• Excellent public transport infrastructure. Over 600 buses a day pass close to the site from Liverpool City Centre which is 6 miles away.
• Rail freight terminal at Mersey Multimodal Gateway in Widnes (approximately 6 miles away) with direct access to main West Coast Line.
• Garston Docks in South Liverpool is a short sea port utilised for the import and export of bulk, steel and aggregate (1.6 miles away).
• Rail uses considerably less fuel per tonne than road haulage and produces 80% less carbon dioxide per tonne carried compared to road haulage.
• Each freight train removes between 43 and 77 HGVs from the road. Novartis UK B&M Retail A561 Holiday Inn Express Hotel Speke Hall Ave.
• Liverpool John Lennon Airport is the UK’s 10th largest airport and handles over 5 million passengers each year.
• Over 70 direct destinations are on offer from Liverpool and there is a service to Schiphol Airport, Amsterdam, offering global links to over 650 worldwide destinations.
• Liverpool John Lennon Airport also accommodates freight operations and is capable of handling all sizes of aircraft.
Plot 1 5.5 hectares 13.7 acres Up to 250,000 sq ft Plot 2 1.53 hectares 3.8 acres Up to 70,000 sq ft Plot 3 1 hectare 2.5 acres Up to 50,000 sq ft
Terms: Leasehold and freehold design and build solutions available and plot sales.
Major new Industrial / logistics development up to 270,000 sq ft on a 22 acre site.
Mercury 62 is a superbly located Warehouse & Distribution location situated immediately on the M62 / M57 Interchange (known locally as Tarbock Island), providing direct access to the regions motorway network and major conurbations. The M57 and M58 intersection at Switch Island is within 10 miles and provides easy access the Port of Liverpool. Liverpool John Lennon Airport is approximately 7 miles via the A5300 Knowsley Expressway. Situated adjacent to Huyton Business Park local occupiers include Parcel Force, Home Delivery Network, Bosch, Halewood International Holdings PLC, Beesley & Fildes Ltd, Olympic Oils & Batley. Liverpool docks are within 15 miles/25 minutes and the Port of Liverpool is part of the most impressive shipping network in the UK, home to Liverpool2 a new £300 million deep-water container terminal doubling the port’s container capacity making it one of the country’s best equipped and connected terminals. There is also a Freight Terminal at Knowsley Industrial Park within 15 minutes/9 miles making this a truly Multi-Modal Location. The site is 6.5 miles from Jaguar Land Rover.
D&B solutions are available to meet an occupier’s specific specification requirements.
15m clear internal height 15% roof lights 50kN/m floor loading Office provision 136 car parking spaces 47 trailer spaces 27 dock levellers 2 level access doors 50m yard depth BREEAM very good EPC rating - A Gatehouse Secure gated and fenced yard Sprinkler tank base
Detached self-contained 2 storey office within a secure site.
Prominently situated on Greenwood Drive at the entrance to Manor Park, accessed off Blackheath Lane at its junction with the A558 Daresbury Express Way, close to junction 11 of the M56 motorway.
| Floor | Sq Ft | Sq M |
| Ground | 6,863 | 637.58 |
| 1st | 6,864 | 637.68 |
| TOTAL | 13,727 | 1,275.26 |
82 car parking spaces
L175 is a new build unit located at Liverpool Business Park close to the port of Liverpool.
The scheme is only 5 minutes drive from Jaguar Land Rover's Halewood plant, making it an ideal location for any business that is or wants to be part of their supply chain. L175 is importantly only 12 miles south of Liverpool2, the £300m investment programme to expand and develop the Port of Liverpool's deep water container offer that will accept 95% of the world's shipping fleet.
Additional DetailsClose to Port of Liverpool Adjacent to John Lennon Airport Easy access to M62 J6 20 loading doors 12.5 metres to underside of haunch Jaguar Land Rover Halewood 5 minutes drive